During these unprecedented times, it is important to pull our resources together and help our business community stay strong and positive. Our Renhead team has been working remotely since inception and wanted to share some best practices, as many of you are transitioning to this new (work) life.
Here are some of our tips…
- Schedule and maintain regular working hours. It is easy to stay focused on work longer or later than normal when you do not have to worry about the commute home. Keep your regular work schedule as normal as you can.
- Take breaks. With no office interruptions, meetings to attend or clients to visit, be sure you are stepping away from your computer to move your body and rest your eyes a few times throughout the day. Laundry and dishes are not considered a “break”.
- Communicate with your team often. Without having eyes on your office and coworkers it will be easy to loose momentum or feel disconnected. Stay in touch with online messaging, video/audio conferences or phone calls.
- Keep a designated office space. It not only helps you stay organized but it increases your productivity.
- Set ground rules for others in your home. Working from home offers you great flexibility, but sharing space with your families and pets requires setting parameters and expectations to work efficiently. Allocate household tasks, make your work hours clear to others and eliminate distractions and interruptions, as much as possible.
We want you to know that we will continue operating at full capacity at Renhead. Our standard operating hours will be maintained as we continue to work towards providing a software that will help to simplify your work life, when everything else seems all but simple.
As the world around us continues to change daily, we truly hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.